Now We Are Four!

KW joined us on November 10, 2010. Thanks for following our journey as a family!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Nanny

Yesterday, we said good-bye to Bryan's grandmother, Nanny.  She was a remarkable woman.  In the four years I have known her, she has made me feel like the wife she would have chosen for her first grandchild.  She has given me a listening ear and sound advice when I talk about work, children, and marriage.  We spent fun nights around her dining table playing cards and Rummikub.  The past year has been especially tender as she has loved on Lee.

We will miss her when we gather as a family and hear stories about her international bridge partners that she found online.  :)

We love you, Nanny.

  
Nanny humored me by posing for a picture with Lee.  We made her get her position just right before we gave her the baby.  (We have a picture of her holding Bryan in the same pose.)

Thanksgiving 2006

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She loved you so much Amelia and she was so proud of you and Bryan as parents of her precious Lee. Thank you for such a special tribute to her. Loved the pic at the dedication...
Love you sweetheart!
Mimi

l and h said...

I'm so sorry, Mena and Bryan. It's so hard to say bye to our sweet grandparents. I'm thankful for the heritage she leaves behind in you and Bryan and Lee. I'll be praying for your family this week. Love y'all.