Now We Are Four!

KW joined us on November 10, 2010. Thanks for following our journey as a family!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

A First Thought

In 2007, dear friends introduced us to a new author. They gave us a copy of his latest book, and I read it soon after having Lee in 2008. Then, I tore through every other book he had written - thanks to my MIL, who bought them to read and pass onto me!

But something about that first book touched my heart in a special way. The story of a little boy, abandoned by his dad, and always looking to see if he would return. Wondering if he was valuable, if he was a mistake, if anybody loved him. Now, that boy is a man, and he is interacting with another young boy in the same situation, and all the emotions and memories are flooding back.

Around the same time, I read another book that opened my eyes to the tender heart inside my boy. Three years later, I remember that little heart on his most energetic days, trying train him up in a way that lets him know he is valuable, planned, loved by God and his parents.

What if we could give that kind of love to another little boy?

No comments: