Now We Are Four!

KW joined us on November 10, 2010. Thanks for following our journey as a family!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

What Takes Grease Out of My Way?

For some reason, I have lost several of shirts this year to grease splatter while cooking dinner. Or grease rings made when I use my stomach as the stabilizer when closing the spray oil. Or some other smart cooking move.

Shirt after shirt went to the Good Will. I bought a new set of "cute" tees. Then, as I ironed one day, I noticed a string of grease spots on one of my new favorite tees! Ugh!

I mentioned it to a friend and neighbor a few days later, and she told me to put liquid dish washing detergent on it, let it soak for three hours, then re-wash it. I knew this would not work, because I had already dried the stain in, but I thought it was a worth a try, since I really wanted to save this shirt.

And, what do you know? It worked! I have a short soaking as I type, a casualty of the spray can. Can't wait to wear it again.

No comments: