Now We Are Four!

KW joined us on November 10, 2010. Thanks for following our journey as a family!

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Here

Reading about The Year of Here today. I feel challenged to experience my second child as much as I experienced the first. Not in the same ways, but the same amount. To enjoy the ways the days are different, and the ways they are the same. To document their lives, and mine. To reflect on how we are all growing to know Him more, and how we are merely looking at a list of ways we should be.

I am thinking about the law. How to be free from it, to live fully in grace, and to let that word seep into our marriage and our parenting and our world. Not our world, like "peace on earth", but the world we encounter every day. The neighbors, friends, and co-workers.

And in all these things, I long to experience Him, every day, every moment. Not at a prescribed time, not at a prescribed place. The life I lead this week does not allow for such structure. But, instead, to let Him seep into me, my moments, my emotions, my interactions. And, to do all this not in my own strength.

"Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, are you now trying to attain your goal by human effort?" Gal. 2:3

I will go back to the Spirit, and to allow Him to be here, in this moment, in these days, in these thoughts.

No comments: