Now We Are Four!

KW joined us on November 10, 2010. Thanks for following our journey as a family!

Thursday, September 13, 2012

First Day


We started school about two and a half weeks ago, which is why I am not posting much lately. Definitely no time for deep thoughts until later. I know some probably think I have started schooling early, but I am learning some good things about myself during these "test" years.


The first is how I like to schedule our days, weeks, and year. I haven't fully decided on this, but I do know I don't want to go into the summer, if possible. We can do something light upon request, but wen everyone else gets out, I want to get out, too! This year, I started the week before Labor Day, and I am just going to see how long it takes to hit 180 days. Or, how many days we have completed by Memorial Day. This should help me lay things out more easily next year, I think.

The second is when to start thinking about and planning what I want to include in our year. (FYI, that would be earlier than July if you are me.) So, as we have begun, I am teaching, planning, and making school stuff. I really do enjoy it, but I am a little tired.

You may ask, "Why are you working on things you won't need for months?" Because I learned that lesson last year - I really don't like to be continually preparing materials through the year. Why do tomorrow what you can finish up today?

No comments: